Thursday, February 11, 2016

Treasure Challenge of 2016

I belong to a wonderful group called INMQ (Inland Northwest Machine Quilters). This is the second year that we have a contest called the Treasure Challenge. The club purchased vintage quilt tops. A $50.00 dollar entry fee was required. Then we randomly drew numbers for our quilt. The Lady who won last year was the first to draw. And of course, anyone could exchange their quilt with hers! Well, no one did till---- I was next to the last person to recieve a number. And I chose to exchange my UGLY quilt with the one she drew. (Hope she will speak to me soon!) She wasn't to happy. But on a cheery not, If anyone can turn her "treasure" into something amazing she can!
So that said this is my "treasure" top. pieced by hand. Most of the pieces are on the bias and they are stretched.
After trimming threads for an hour and a half. (will post a picture soon). I steamed and starched for over two hours and a whole gallon of water to ease out the incredible fullness in the blocks.


 you can see the pieces are hand stitched in this picture.

Pictures of the progress will be posted as I work on this intermittently. This project will be a process. It will be entered in a special category at  this comming Falls WSQ show in Spokane, Washington. Wish me luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment