Saturday, February 27, 2016

Another Quilt of Valor


ok, this one stumped me for awhile. Wasn't sure what to do with it. The lady who pieced it did an amazing job! The pineapple center  is 1/2" paper pieced. Lots of work. She even matched the white on white stripes in the white squares. So with all that work, there was no way it was going to just have a simple all over pattern!
So, I stitched in the ditch around the red pineapples, this allowed them to pop up and the blue flag pineapples also.
In the center white squares I placed a star to match the stars in the white border.
The red and cream striped border with black servicemen, I stitched next to the stripes.
The borders with the writing, I just squiggled since you would not see anything anyway.
The blue borders were different sized on the top and sides so I made the centers 4" to accommodate
the continuous freeform feathers and added straight lines to the edges.
When finished I was very pleased with the effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment